- 1 onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 new potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (See Note)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in, skinned chicken thighs (1-1/2 to 1-3/4 pounds)
What To Do:
- Coat a 6-quart round slow cooker with cooking spray. Add onion then top with potatoes and carrots.
- In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the broth, wine, garlic, and thyme. Pour broth mixture over vegetables. Combine paprika, remaining salt, and remaining pepper; rub evenly over chicken thighs, and arrange over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 6 hours, or until chicken and vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Feel free to substitute an extra 1/4 cup chicken broth in place of the wine, if you prefer.
- This is NOT my picture!