Blast From The Past Apple Cobbler
The hallmark of a cobbler is the crumbly, baked topping that sits right on top of the fruit. With hints of vanilla, brown sugar and , it's baked until it's golden brown. It's simply irresistible.
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled & sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoon tapioca
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon peel, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and tapioca in a large bowl.
- Spray a 9x13" with non-stick spray and fill with apple mixture.
- Combine sugars, flour and cinnamon in food processor. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Top cobbler with streusel mix. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot.