Sunday Services


This is not our church building but it is very similar to it.  I am going to get some pictures of our church one day soon I hope.


  Bro. Donald preached a very rousing and blessing filled service from those verses.  He began by telling us how David had undergone so many adversities like facing Goliath, the giant, when he was just a boy, being an adultery, a murderer, Saul hunting him down just to mention a few but when David sincerely sought God, He was there for David.  David tells Him that he will love Him and that the Lord is his strength.  This just means that David has given his all to God.  He has trusted God to take over his life and do God's will.  In verse two we see that  David says "The LORD is my rock"  not like a rock that is a pebble that anyone can pick up and throw, but like a mountain that cannot be moved!  God is HUGE!   David also calls God his fortress, think about, a fortress, a fort, God is going to protect David just as a fort would protect you from your enemies in time of war.  Now we get to David's deliverer, God delivered David from Goliath, being an adultery, a murderer, during times of war and from Saul's hands.  God kept David safe through everything David had gone through in his life!  "my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."  David is saying here that he gets his strength from God, God is his strength and he trusts God to keep him protected!  My buckler, now a buckler is a piece of armor from ancient history, a shield so to speak, so David says that God is his shield from harm.  The Lord furnishes His warriors with weapons both offensive and defensive.  The horn of my salvation this enabled David to push down his foes, and triumph over them with holy exultation.  David also calls God His high tower, his final point of defense well beyond the reach of his enemies! 
Verse 3 says, "I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised:  so shall I be saved from mine enemies."  David knows that if he just puts his faith, trust and praise in God that he will continue to be taken care of, his enemies will not bother him.

Bro. Donald also made reference to Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." as well as John 10:28-29 "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never parish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." No one or nothing can snatch you away from God! YOU can turn your back on God but you can not be snatched away from God!  Titus 3:5 was also referenced.  "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"  It is because of HIS mercy that God saved us.  We are sinners, we are guilty, justice will not help us only mercy will help us and it is mercy that God gives us and that is because Jesus died for our sins.  We are made new by the Holy Spirit!
God Bless!

No comments: