Tuesday Afternoon

It has been a very HOT day here. The high was 98* but has cooled off to 85* now(7:36 p.m.) and clouded over. We are praying for rain.

Today, I snapped and canned 5 quarts of green beans. I picked 2 ripe tomatoes off our vines(we've just got some in pots) and a bell pepper. I snapped and canned 2 quarts of green beans on Saturday night, I also put 2 quarts of cabbage and a quart of chopped bell peppers in the freezer. If it doesn't get eat tomorrow, I'll be freezing squash too. I am so thankful for all the vegetables I've been getting. We don't have space for a garden, but my mom has been sending me veggies and I am so happy and thankful to get them.

I also cooked supper tonight, pork chops, butterbeans, and au gratin potatoes. The house is finally beginning to cool off. We don't eat out very often, maybe once every two to three months. Cooking at home is just much cheaper.

Still praying for my best friend and her family. Hopefully they will get home soon.

We had birthday parties for 2 of my DGD this past weekend. One was at McDonald's on Saturday afternoon(brought her home, she spent the night and went to church with us Sunday) the other was on Sunday afternoon. The one on Sunday had a big inflateable water slide, the kids stayed cool but the rest of us were hot!LOL The temp got up to 101* on Sunday afternoon.

I hope you will all continue to pray for us spiritually and financially. DH still needs prayers for healing as he now has 3 open holes in his abdomen and a 4th one trying to burst open. He is in a great deal of pain even though he's on pain meds.

Guess that's about it for now. Be Blessed!

No comments: