Crochet a beautiful white wreath accented with red beads and ribbon for a Christmas ornament. Make several crochet wreaths to accent your Christmas tree or give as this holiday season. This pattern comes to us from Ashton11.
- Knitting worsted yarn, (or 100% cotton worsted, or satiny yarn of any type)
- Crochet Hook, size 6MM, (USJ 10)
- Assorted beads
- White chenille stem (pipecleaner)
- Hot glue gun and glue stick, or white glue
- Shape a chenille stem into any size oval. Use the entire
chenille stem to make a large oval, or even link two together to make a
large window hanging.
- Attach the yarn onto the chenille stem any way you wish. You can knot it on, or slip stitch it on.
- Cover the entire shape with the following sequence, pushing the
stitches together to fit on as many as needed: Make 3 single crochet
around the stem. Treating the stem as you would a previous row of
stitches. Chain 3, make 3 single crochet. Repeat all around the shape.
Slip stitch to join.
- Tie on red velvet ribbon into a loop to form a hanger. Sparingly spot glue onto the top of the oval with hot glue.
- Make a bow with as many loops as you would like, or make several bows, and attach them sparingly with hot glue.
- Either sew, or attach with tiny dots of hot glue, (applied directly to the bead, not the yarn).
Voila! A lovely Christmas Ornament, useful for the tree, in a window, on a , or in a Christmas Card!