This is NOT my picture!
Recycle jars into scarecrow candle holders.
Approximate Time: less than 1 hour, excluding drying time
- jars with lids - assorted and clean
- spray paint
- paint or permanent markers for face
- scraps of fabric
- artificial flowers
- straw hat (hole in top)
- raffia, yarn, or paper for hair
- Spray paint a clean jar and the lid with a flesh colored paint (or orange for pumpkin) and allow to dry.
- Glue the lid on to the top of the jar, upside down. This will hold your votive candle.
- Draw or paint a face on the jar and allow to dry. Triangles work for eyes and a squiggly line is perfect for the mouth.
- Spray with clear spray paint to prevent chipping when you store this for the season.
- Glue hair to the jar just below the lid. Use a rubber band to hold in place and allow to dry.
- Decorate the straw hat using artificial flowers, ribbon, or a tiny crow.
- Affix the hat to your jar, hiding the hair line.
- Add a scented candle.
Be Careful! This is very flammable, so do not leave candle unattended. Or you can use a battery operated candle.