You can create a cute country snowman by using a 2x4.
Approximate Time: 25 minutes
- scrap wood, including a 2x4
- black, white, and orange crafter's acrylic paints
- hot glue gun
- table saw
- small piece of fabric
- small piece of floral berry sprig
- First cut a section of 2x4 about 12 inches long.
- Then on one end cut the corners to create an edge for the hat, they do not have to be perfect corners.
- Sand all edges of your 2x4.
- You will need 2 small pieces of wood about 2 inches thick, these can be scraps from other projects.
- Cut one piece about 6 inches long, this will become the snowman's hat brim.
- The second piece will be his nose, cut this piece approx. 4 inches long with one corner cut slightly to create the carrot tip.
- Sand all edges.
- Now you are ready to begin painting.
- Once the pieces have dried, you can lightly sand the paint to create a distressed country look.
- Next paint on the eyes, mouth, and add a little color for his cheeks.
- Attach the hat brim and nose by using a hot glue gun.
- Add a little white paint to the nose and hat brim for snow.
- Attach some berries and a homespun bow.
A quick and easy project!